Why am I being asked to verify my identity?
As a regulated marketplace operating in the US we are required to identify users on our platform. This ensures we remain in compliance with KYC/AML laws in the jurisdictions in which we operate, something that is necessary for us to be able to continue to offer digital currency exchange services to our customers.
When uploading your photo ID:
- Ensure that your document is valid and not expired
- Ensure your document is in a well-lit area without glare. Natural sunlight is best
- Do not obfuscate any information on the ID
- Only US state-issued ID such as a Driver’s License, Passports or Identification cards are accepted.
When providing a “selfie” photo of your face:
- Make sure the light is coming from in front of you, not behind you, such that your face is clearly and is not backlit.
- Face the camera directly and include from your shoulders to the top of your head, similar to a passport ID photo
- Use a plain wall as a background if possible
- If you are wearing glasses in your ID photo, wear them in your selfie photo. If you are not wearing glasses in your ID photo, remove them for your selfie photo.
ID Verification FAQs
I’ve received a message that says my name and birthdate are different
First make sure the name and birthdate you put in Level 1 Verification is the same on your photo ID. If not, you can: 1. Contact Customer Support through live chat/email, or submit L1 unbinding request here.
I’ve received a message says my selfie does not match my government issued ID
Try to submit your Onfido Identity Verification one more time. If you are still receiving error messages, contact our 24/7 Customer Support team.
How long do I need to wait for my Level 2 Verification to get passed?
Usually the Onfido Verification will take about a few minutes to half an hour, if it has been one hour and you still have not received feedback regarding your Identity Verification, please contact our 24/7 Customer Support team.